I have been given this gorgeous dessert recipe from a chef: it’s made with natural ingredients (no preservatives, no artificial colours), so I suggest you to try this amazingly colourful and tasty Cottage cheese cream with caramelized strawberries.
Surprise your guests with a scenic and easy to fix dessert!
If you like this recipe, please LIKE my Fb page, HERE, and make it grow!
strawberries: as many as you want to eat, rather firm, not too soft
100 g of sugar per 250 grams of strawberries
2-3 tablespoons of Italian balsamic vinegar (it’s the dark, thick one)
1 spoon of butter each 250 g of strawberries
Cottage cheese (Ricotta): at least 250 g
1 or 2 tablespoons of fresh milk
1 tablespoon cream of limoncello spirit, or any spirit you like
sugar to taste
1. Clean the strawberries, removing the green leaves on the top, and wash
2. Wipe with a cloth and weigh them
3. Allow the butter to melt in a pan and throw strawberries in, with a high flame: this way they will not produce a lot of water and will not soften.
They should stay ‘solid’
4. After a couple of minutes add the sugar and make the pan “jump” by shaking it on
the fire with your hands, to distribute the sugar and stir strawberries without spoons.
If you do want to use a spoon, be careful and use a plastic or wood one, because you might damage the fruits.
5. Add the balsamic vinegar, stir well, making sure that the ‘sauce’ goes everywhere on the fruits.
The strawberries will become more red and shiny.
6. Remove from the pan and keep the strawberries aside in a dish
7. Collect their juice from the pan and pour it into a small bowl (it won’t be a lot, but thick enough to look like a syrup)
8. Stir the cottage cheese in a serving cup with sugar (taste it to find out how much sugar do you want), milk and a tablespoon of limoncello spirit, and mix until you get a beautiful cream
9. Put in glass cups a few tablespoons of cream cheese and, randomly, a little of the cooking juices of the strawberries
10. Repeat the procedure of point 9 and finish topping with caramelized strawberries